Saturday, February 26, 2011

We want a taxidermy animal head!!!

For over a week Justin and I have been lusting over taxidermy.  It is what our store is missing...a beautiful mounted animal head.  Day after day I have been searching and searching... until last night.  Last night I found the perfect head, a rare Pronghorn Antelope.  Imagine that!!!  It was beautiful and ready for us to pick up anytime.  Awesome!

They had set meet time for one p.m, Friday.  Well! Twelve noon came quick and Justin was ready to hit the road and pick up the head.  By now, I am sure you are expecting a happy ending to this story.  Why else would I be blogging right now. No, unfortunately, I am blogging out my frustration for today's disappointments.  The Pronghorn Antelope would have become our new mascot, a great addition to the family.

So for the let down: Twenty minutes before one p.m and thirty miles later, Justin received a text (while driving) that the Antelope was no longer available, that he had changed his mind and did not want to sell the head.   As soon as I heard of the news the world stopped, or my heart, or both.  Anyway, the point is, we still don't have a mounted head to beautify our lovely store.

Our search must go on...

No comments:

Post a Comment